Tuesday, March 11, 2014

February Favourites






Hello! Happy it's not February aka the worst month of the year anymore! February was a really busy month for me. I spent a weekend in Fukuoka with friends. Tyler and I went to Osaka one weekend to celebrate our anniversary (gross. I know, sorry). Because I've been so busy lately I'm doing my favourites as a blog post, instead of a video. I just haven't had time to film lately during the tiny window of time when the natural light is nice.

This month is a mix of beauty and non-beauty favs, which I think I'll do from now on.

Beauty Favourites

This month with my travelling I got a lot of use out of my NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo. Since the addition of the Real Techniques duo fiber contour brush, I have been contouring like a fiend! I have to use a very light hand with Laguna, but I think it's really pretty! Orgasm speaks for itself. Universally flattering and provocatively named, what's not to love?

I've always loved playing with different eye looks, and this month was no exception. They first couple weeks had me sporting Kate Super Sharp Liner S in BK. I wish I had BK-1, which is a bit blacker. The tip is very fine and easy to use. It lasts all day long but is easy to fix if you make a mistake when applying it. The second eye look of the month was with the Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone trio. The purpley-grey shade for the lid is perfection! It instantly adds a bit of class. The shadows are super pigmented and a great value for the money!

After researching and writing about the Bite High Pigment Lip Pencils, I was in love, and got a lot of wear out of them, especially in the shade Quince, the rose berry shade.

The Shiseido sponge cleaner is what I've been using to clean my brushes since September and it does a really nice job. 

The Love Lettuce mask from Lush is really great! My skin has been quite happy this past month. However, I don't recommend buying this mask in Japan. It's ¥1700!!! I'll wait until I'm back in Canada before I try anymore Lush masks.  

My final beauty favourite is something I've been loving for a few months but always seem to forget to include here. The Grapeseed Glossing Serum from The Body Shop has been keeping my hair healthy and frizz free since November and is a permanent staple in my hair care routine. You only need a small amount, so make sure you don't over do it otherwise it can make your hair look a bit greasy. I use it every time after I wash my hair.

Non-beauty Favourites

At the beginning of the month I finally invested in a Hobonichi! The Hobonichi is a daily planner by the Japanese company Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shimbun. Recently they came out with an English edition. I've always used the moleskein planners, but this year I decided to try something I can't get in Canada. I'm so glad I did! Watch the commercial for the Hobonichi Techo - the Japanese version - on Youtube. It explains everything!

My fashion favourite is a black blazer I got from H&M, on sale. I love the silver detailing on the shoulders! It's quite a boxy shape so I like to wear it with skinny jeans and boots.

This month I read Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card. It's the sequel to Ender's Game. Orson Scott Card being a terrible person aside, this is a really great book! I've always been a fan of sci-fi and I couldn't put this book down.

What things did you love in February?

No comments:

Post a Comment